Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SPM Jan Week 3

Form 4
Quadratic teach everything. Just leave the Revision alone. I don't think u can do all of the exercises, so don't need to do everything la. But those that I've marked a star are important ones which I think should be discussed in class.

The In Class Practice after 2.4 got some circled one. If cannot finish ask them to do at home la.

Simply put:
2.1 Teach expansion (Method 1 method 2 no need demo, just ask them refer, cause' they have learnt in PMR dy)
2.2 Teach factorization (Format a), b), c) are PMR revision. focus more on d) and e). But e) usually use calculator one la)
2.3 I skipped cause' nothing to talk
2.4 Solve/Find the Roots/Find x. Ask them to copy the 4 steps. Notes not clear enough. (I got write in notes dy)
  • Remove bracket/fraction
  • Write equation in general form
  • Factorize
  • Solve
Those parts that I've highlighted, pls ask them to highlight also. Cause' the notes very luosuo so dun need to go thru everything one by one.


Form 5
Teach them to identify graph & shading. I got not enough time cause' I spent too long doing ICP with them. I let them do first then only discuss so not enough time. Depending on how long u teach them how to identify graph, if not enough time only do those I mark star de. Beside got write what to focus on.

Basically 2.1 keep repeat and tell them to know 3 + 1 things:
  • Know 'a' (Go up or down stairs, smiley or sad face etc)
  • Know 'c' y-intercept
  • Know x-intercept (Especially quadratic - factorization)
  • Substitute coordinates.
Next part is shading. I only managed to do Q1 and Q2 with them. Q2 got error,  y = 2x + 8, gradient should be negative. I think you know why.


Focus 2 things only:
  • Shade up/down or left/right
  • Dotted line or solid line

Basically Form5 focus more on explaning. So see how u explain to them only la. 



Tata,
Noobiak

No comments:

Post a Comment